It’s early in the process … I’m going to add a few links everyday, and some of them are going to be dated. I’ll get through my back catalog sooner or later.
- European high-yield bonds yield the same as US 10yr. Janus Investors
- The Dovish and Not-As-Dovish FOMC members debate inflation. Bloomberg
- Is the 2% inflation target too low? Economic Policy Institute
- Bullard: Fed should defend inflation target. Reuters
- Fischer retires and likes Yellen for Chair. The Straits Times
The Janus thing is a must read for me (and something I’ll be keeping an eye on going forward). To be fair, the headline is a bit misleading … they rightly point out that there are hedging costs associated with investing in European high-yield debt.
That said … buying corporate grade debt in Europe (on a hedged basis), only yields 2% more than buying US treasuries! It doesn’t make sense to me.