There isn’t much going on today. All the breathless excitement from the Mueller investigation came yesterday, the president of Catalonia escaped to Brussels, and Trump is dragging out the Fed Chair announcement. I’m going to do a quick write up with the Taylor Rule and the assumptions made by the San Francisco Federal Reserve (I’ll post it later), but see if you can win!
- See if you can set monetary policy better than the Fed. I got 4.49% unemployment and 2.36% inflation. SF Federal Reserve
- Tyler Cowen, my favorite economist, on Trump and the Fed decision. Bloomberg
- Despite additional PBOC measures, Chinese treasuries down. Yields highest since 2014. Nasdaq
- As much as we love the Powell/Yellen/Taylor race, the succession at the PBOC may be infinitely more important. Nikkei Asian Review
- Long form interview with ECB Executive Board Member Benoît Cœuré. ECB